These days you can do practically anything without leaving the house. We understand that you live a busy life, trying to balance time with family, work, and friends. Getting a divorce is extremely time consuming. You have to take valuable time out of your day to meet with attorneys, have long mid-day discussions, constant phone calls and texts, it can be overwhelming. In this day in age, you shouldn’t have to be required to be physically in a room for anything, even a divorce. San Diego Family Mediation Center offers its clients the option to divorce online.
How Do You Complete a Divorce Online?
When you want to litigate a divorce, you are required to physically be present in court. While you have a court date and time, these are typically estimates. The court calendar is full to the brim, and getting to your case can take hours and hours each hearing. The beauty of mediation is you never have to step foot inside a court room. Here is a general roadmap of how many of our San Diego online divorces occur:
- Clients download and set up Zoom for online divorce mediation
- Schedule a time to meet with the mediator.
- After a first session, the mediator fills out necessary paperwork and securely sends to each client for signatures.
- After initial paperwork is signed, the mediator prepares it and files it with court.
- All financial disclosures, custody discussion, and parenting plans are addressed at various scheduled sessions based on client’s needs.
- The final agreement is created by the mediator and sent to each client for approval.
- Clients sign the agreement and associated paperwork.
- Mediator sends the final packet to the court to be filed.
- The packet is signed by the judge and a copy is sent to each party.
It is important to remember that every divorce may look a bit different, but generally the process through mediation is similar.
If you are looking for a way to complete a divorce online, contact San Diego Family Mediation Center. Call (858) 736-2411 to schedule an initial consultation.