Lighten your burden as trustee with a neutral third party
After a loved one dies, those left behind have the seemingly impossible task of distributing their estate. During the grieving process, emotions are running high, and conflict can arise. A once harmonious family unit can suddenly turn against one another. People can become possessive, irrational, and illogical. Often, a family member is designated as acting trustee to distribute the estate amongst heirs and even to themselves. This situation can be stressful, confusing, and emotionally draining. A mediator can assist you in the estate distribution process. As a neutral third party, we can help lighten the burden you may feel as a trustee.
Some of the things we can help you with include:
- Addressing family conflicts after your loved one’s passing
- Working through intestate distribution conflicts
- Interpreting estate documents
- Discussing conflicts of interest, competency, and undue influence concerns
- Maintaining harmony during this difficult time
We will encourage communication, minimize conflict, and perform a fair estate distribution that aligns with your loved one’s last wishes.