What exactly is a “Suspended Divorce”?

Sound odd? I thought so too. But there is such a thing. Basically, if there is some reason that you need to remain “married,” yet want to be divorced, this is for you. It is NOT a legal separation – it is actually easier than a legal separation. If you need to maintain health insurance, benefits of some other sort, would like to continue to file as a married couple, give us a ring and we can set up a time to explain the process in more detail. It is sure to interest you, if it is something you are looking for!

by: Amanda Singer

Amanda Singer with west coast family mediation center

2 Responses

  • If we are currently in a “suspended divorce” and we want to finalize the divorce, is there a specific form that needs to be filled out and filed? Or, how do we finalize the divorce? We heard all that is required is to notify each other and give a 30 day notice. Thank you. We are located in San Diego, CA.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *